As part of enhanced border security measures related to APEC Leaders’ Week, Papua New Guinea will temporarily suspend visa on arrival for all foreign nationals from 30 October to 30 November 2018. The suspension will not affect travellers who already hold a valid paper visa. During this time, travellers should apply for a visa through their nearest Papua New Guinea Embassy, Consulate or High Commission.
Our travel advisory levels have not changed. We continue to advise New Zealanders to avoid non-essential travel to the Hela and Southern Highlands provinces due to ongoing violent tribal clashes and post-election related unrest. We advise New Zealanders to exercise increased caution elsewhere in Papua New Guinea due to violent crime and the potential for civil unrest.
Reviewed:19 Oct 2018, 09:50
Latest News features
- United States of America: California: WildfiresReviewed: 12 November 2018, 12:30 NZDT
- Travel InsuranceReviewed: 6 November 2018, 08:25 NZDT
- Democratic Republic of the Congo: Ebola virus Updated: 24 October 2018, 11:43 NZDT
- Papua New Guinea: Temporary Suspension of Visa on ArrivalReviewed: 19 October 2018, 09:50 NZDT
- Pacific Cyclone Season: 1 November to 30 AprilReviewed: 16 October 2018, 10:45 NZDT