Bahrain, Egypt, Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates have announced they plan to suspend all flights to and from Qatar from 6 June 2017 until further notice. Qatar has also announced they plan to suspend all flights to and from these destinations.
New Zealanders travelling between Qatar and Bahrain, Egypt, Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates, or from New Zealand via Qatar to these destinations, are advised to contact their airline or travel agent to see if their bookings are affected and make alternative travel arrangements to reach their destination if necessary.
Normal entry requirements continue to apply for New Zealand passport holders for transit and entry to the United Arab Emirates, regardless of whether you also hold a Qatari residency.
Updated:15 Jun 2017, 14:12
Latest News features
- United States of America: Changes to entry requirementsUpdated: 4 July 2017, 16:21 NZST
- Zika VirusReviewed: 3 July 2017, 14:00 NZST
- Spain: WorldPride 2017Updated: 21 June 2017, 11:30 NZST
- Qatar: Flight suspensionUpdated: 15 June 2017, 14:12 NZST
- Spain: Advice regarding running of the bulls 2017Updated: 13 June 2017, 15:00 NZST