Bahrain, Egypt, Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates have announced they plan to suspend all flights to and from Qatar from 6 June 2017 until further notice. Qatar has also announced they plan to suspend all flights to and from these destinations.
New Zealanders travelling between Qatar and Bahrain, Egypt, Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates, or from New Zealand via Qatar to these destinations, are advised to contact their airline or travel agent to see if their bookings are affected and make alternative travel arrangements to reach their destination if necessary.
Normal entry requirements continue to apply for New Zealand passport holders for transit and entry to the United Arab Emirates, regardless of whether you also hold a Qatari residency.
Updated:15 Jun 2017, 14:12
Latest News features
- Caribbean: Hurricane MariaUpdated: 19 September 2017, 17:25 NZST
- Indonesia: Bali: Mount Agung VolcanoUpdated: 19 September 2017, 17:20 NZST
- Germany: Oktoberfest 2017Updated: 1 September 2017, 16:15 NZST
- Dengue Fever outbreakUpdated: 30 August 2017, 14:40 NZST
- Brazil: Yellow Fever outbreakReviewed: 22 August 2017, 13:10 NZST