Istanbul’s new airport opened on 31 October 2018, with commercial flights gradually transferring from Istanbul’s existing Ataturk International Airport (IST) through until the end of December 2018. Flights will be operating into/out of both airports during this period of transition. Flight delays, cancellations and traffic congestion around both airports are likely to occur during this period.
We recommend you contact your airline for further details and to confirm the status of your flights. Istanbul’s Sabiha Gokcen Airport, on the Asian Side, will remain operational during this time.
Reviewed:8 Oct 2018, 15:45
Latest News features
- Pacific Cyclone Season: 1 November to 30 AprilReviewed: 10 December 2018, 12:30 NZDT
- France: ProtestsReviewed: 3 December 2018, 10:40 NZDT
- Ukraine: Martial LawReviewed: 30 November 2018, 12:15 NZDT
- United States of America: California: WildfiresReviewed: 12 November 2018, 12:30 NZDT
- Travel InsuranceReviewed: 6 November 2018, 08:25 NZDT