On 21 December the New Zealand Government announced a suite of precautionary measures to keep Omicron out of the community for as long as possible.
This includes pushing out the start of non-MIQ travel until the end of February 2022. Read the full announcement for further information about these measures.
The Unite Against COVID-19 website will continue to be updated with further information, we recommend that you check back regularly for updates.
SafeTravel global advisory changes
Once non-MIQ travel is in place, the SafeTravel COVID-19 global advisory (level 4 - "Do not travel") will be removed and destination specific travel advisory levels will be reinstated using our four level advisory rating system. You can read more about our travel advisory levels and what they mean here.
Updated:22 Dec 2021, 22:11
Latest News features
- Ukraine: Security SituationPosted: 26 January 2022, 09:09 NZDT
- Tonga: Hunga Tonga-Hunga Ha'apai EruptionUpdated: 20 January 2022, 14:01 NZDT
- Quarantine-Free TravelReviewed: 14 January 2022, 10:43 NZDT
- Reconnecting New Zealand: update 21 DecemberUpdated: 22 December 2021, 22:11 NZDT
- Pacific Cyclone Season: 1 November to 30 AprilReviewed: 9 November 2021, 10:26 NZDT