South Africa’s Department of Home Affairs has announced that New Zealand visitors no longer require visas to travel to South Africa.
The visa exemption for New Zealand passport holders came into effect on 15 August 2019. The exemption allows New Zealand passport holders to enter South Africa for a period of up to 90 days, without a visa, for holiday or business visits. The exemption also applies to New Zealand passport holders transiting through South Africa.
New Zealanders requiring further information regarding South African immigration and visa policies should contact the South African High Commission in Wellington or the South African Department of Home Affairs.
Updated:15 Jul 2019, 09:55
Latest News features
- MeaslesReviewed: 13 November 2019, 12:54 NZDT
- Chile: Ongoing Civil UnrestReviewed: 12 November 2019, 09:24 NZDT
- Bolivia: Civil UnrestReviewed: 12 November 2019, 09:10 NZDT
- Australia: BushfiresUpdated: 11 November 2019, 15:59 NZDT
- Pacific Cyclone Season: 1 November to 30 AprilReviewed: 6 November 2019, 09:19 NZDT