The Western Cape, including Cape Town, continues to experience drought-like conditions. The city of Cape Town has implemented water restrictions: from 1 October 2018, water use will be limited to 70 litres per person per day to reduce demand and conserve water.
We encourage all New Zealanders to continue to be mindful of water consumption and comply with local restrictions. For more information, see the City of Cape Town's information for visitors and projections on the water supply.
Reviewed:18 Jul 2018, 10:45
Latest News features
- Travelling in the Festive SeasonReviewed: 17 December 2018, 09:10 NZDT
- Pacific Cyclone Season: 1 November to 30 AprilReviewed: 10 December 2018, 12:30 NZDT
- France: ProtestsReviewed: 3 December 2018, 10:40 NZDT
- Ukraine: Martial LawReviewed: 30 November 2018, 12:15 NZDT
- United States of America: California: WildfiresReviewed: 12 November 2018, 12:30 NZDT