The Western Cape, including Cape Town, continues to experience drought-like conditions. The city of Cape Town has implemented water restrictions: from 1 October 2018, water use will be limited to 70 litres per person per day to reduce demand and conserve water.
We encourage all New Zealanders to continue to be mindful of water consumption and comply with local restrictions. For more information, see the City of Cape Town's information for visitors and projections on the water supply.
Reviewed:18 Jul 2018, 10:45
Latest News features
- Pacific Cyclone Season: 1 November to 30 AprilReviewed: 11 February 2019, 10:35 NZDT
- Argentina and Panama: HantavirusReviewed: 24 January 2019, 14:40 NZDT
- France: ProtestsReviewed: 3 December 2018, 10:40 NZDT
- Travel InsuranceReviewed: 6 November 2018, 08:25 NZDT
- Democratic Republic of the Congo: Ebola virus Updated: 24 October 2018, 11:43 NZDT