New Zealanders travelling to South Africa should be aware that from 16 January 2017, all New Zealand passport holders will be required to obtain an entry visa prior to travelling to South Africa. New Zealanders arriving in South Africa on or after 16 January 2017 should ensure they have the correct visa.
The South African High Commission in Wellington has provided information on the visa application process.
New Zealanders requiring further information regarding the new visa requirements and the application process should contact the South African High Commission in Wellington or the South Africa Department of Home Affairs.
Updated:13 Feb 2017, 14:35
Latest News features
- United States of America: California: WildfiresReviewed: 12 November 2018, 12:30 NZDT
- Travel InsuranceReviewed: 6 November 2018, 08:25 NZDT
- Democratic Republic of the Congo: Ebola virus Updated: 24 October 2018, 11:43 NZDT
- Papua New Guinea: Temporary Suspension of Visa on ArrivalReviewed: 19 October 2018, 09:50 NZDT
- Pacific Cyclone Season: 1 November to 30 AprilReviewed: 16 October 2018, 10:45 NZDT